The Tunisian American Enterprise Fund Fellows is a unique internship program launched in 2017 which was initially for students interested in supporting SME growth in Tunisia. It was designed to nurture the next generation of entrepreneurs and business people for a period of 2 to 6 months period to work on pre-selected, intensive projects.
Students from various disciplines are matched to companies, who have received investments from TAEF, to work on specific projects either as interns or volunteers.
- At least 18 years old
- A student studying for his Bachelor or for his Master degree or for his PhD degree
- Open to Tunisian and non-Tunisian students
- Open to students from all universities in Tunisia and abroad
- Fluent in English
- A PFE (end of year project) internship: is an internship of 4 to 6 months done at the end of the student studies where he or she needs to write a report on a specific chosen subject in agreement with the student supervisor and the company in question. Starts usually in January/February.
- A Summer internship: is an internship of 2 months for students willing to get acquainted with the professional world. This is in June/July/August. A summer internship is a very good opportunity to get crucial work experience in the summer holiday period, whilst developing industry contacts, making new friends. Students from any year of studies are eligible.
- A “post-graduate” internship: is an internship of 2-4 months designed specifically for a college graduate. This is usually done after graduation (after BA, Masters or Phd graduation of 6 months maximum). With a degree in hand, this could be a great opportunity for the student to have a valuable professional experience as a first milestone in his or her career and could lead to a future hiring in the company in question.
- Volunteering internship: The volunteer option offers professional growth opportunities to students at a time when companies – especially the SME companies that we finance – are less able to hire employees. New students or former Fellows are eligible for this option and is usually between 2-4 months.
- Professional experience in a time when companies are slow to hire.
- Build a professional network.
- Apply learning to real company problems.
- Join a cohort of other committed, talented students.
- Join TAEF as we support our companies and people during this difficult time.
- After verifying that you are eligible , you can start searching for an internship through the website’s internship search engine .
- In order to apply, you have to create an account on the TAEF Fellows portal .
- Please send your application and documents before due date (according to the desired type of internship)
- Complete the entire application form and be as precise as possible in your answers.
- Join these documents to your application: Most recent grade report, Cover letter, Résumé, Copy of national ID . Applications with missing documents or wrong attached file won’t be considered .
- Be sure that you receive a confirmation email that your application has been sent.
- Selected candidates will be notified by email for a Zoom interview date, all the needed details will be mentioned.
- Once you get contacted, you should confirm your availability for the interview within 2 days, otherwise TAEF will call once. If no answer is given, the application will not be considered.
- The first round of selection is done by TAEF, if you get accepted by TAEF, your profile will be sent to the applied company for the final decision.
Each Fellow will be assigned to a specific project in a selected company and will report to a manager there.
In the case of a PFE internship, if the company provides the topic ahead you’ll find all the details on the internship offer .
For PFE , summer and post-graduate internships , TAEF will pay each Fellow a stipend of 250TND per month and the host company will also pay a stipend of 150TND per month. If the host company is not willing to pay it will be mentioned on their internship offers or at the very beginning of the internship.
As for the volunteering internships, you will not be paid as you will be helping and volunteering for the applied company’s growth.